12.23.2014

in a flunk

Have you ever been in a spot where no matter how hard you try you just cannot see any results that you've expected? You invest your time and money and heart into something in hope to see improvement but that dream your shooting for just seems so far out of reach. I have been in this spot for a while now, on more than one occasion.

Basketball: I play basketball, and my team is a young team. We have no returning starters on varsity and our starting 5 consist of 3 juniors and 2 sophomores. We're far into our season and have only won one game. It feels like no matter how hard we try we just never see any improvement. There's a glimmer of it here and there, but we expect more by this point, and it's disappointing. But you know what? We can't give up. I mean, what do we have to lose? Nothing. So we've got to give it all we got.


Money: I also do not have an iPhone. This may seem crazy since everywhere you look, left and right people are on their phones, but unfortunately I am stuck with my good old flip phone from last decade. I decided I wanted to change that and instead of making my parents buy it for me, I wanted to go a different way. I want to raise them money myself doing work so that I earn it and buy it myself. I think that putting in that time to achieve something that I'll feel even better about it. But lately, I have been falling behind. I haven't had as many babysitting jobs lately and  just feel discouraged.

Christmas: Like I said in the last post, Christmas just doesn't seem the same this year. With all of the crazy sales and rushing, there seems to be no time for the real meaning: JESUS. I've been feeling really down.

But I've reflected on these things, and have concluded that no one is going to come and save me. No one will make us win basketball games, no one is going to give me $100 bucks. And no one is going to shut down all of the sales. It's in my own hands whether or not I have a good season, Christmas, and whether or not I reach my goal. I'm in a flunk right now, and I have to learn to get out of it. It's a learning process that I just have to figure out.

Are you in a tight spot right now? If so, what is it?
x x Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love reading them, and if you leave your blog link, I'll try to visit you too :)

xx erin